This painting became my nemesis! I TRIED to do Bob's weird scrubby thing for the background foliage but...UGH! After try #1 with the background foliage, I wiped off the canvas and started over. Also wiped off try #2. For try #3 I decided to do my OWN foliage technique and it worked well, so I continued on. Success with the mill, wheel rocks and water which I found super easy and fast! Then came that tree.....I failed my bravery test big on the tree #1. I think I was tired and I should have stopped. Day #2 I decided the tree was hideous. It was very branchy and I was hesitant to scrape it off - but I did! I had to re-do the entire right side background - making new color mixes to match the Day #1 colors. I had to extend my background foliage upwards so this time I went for a dead tree. This tree is a sycamore and they are somewhat popular where I live. I felt with all that background color, a white tree was best. At the end, I can say I am fairly happy with the finished painting and glad I made myself persevere.