This is painting # 36 for me. I've been a bit more productive lately since I'm on vacation. This is my reinterpretation of a previous attempt at "winter frost" that I did earlier last year. That previous one was on a really small canvas, so today I looked at a photo of it and tried to just reproduce it by sight, on a larger canvas. Further, today marks an important revelation in painting for me - after over a year and over 35 paintings produced, I finally figured out how to make the snow break properly on the mountain. I will be writing a brief article shortly in order to share that knowledge with everyone here because I think this is a critical discovery. My mountains here could be better, but this is essentially the first time that this has worked so I figure it can only get better from here on out with consistent practice. Overall, this painting took just about 2 hours to complete. I tried a different, more supple brush to add snow to the evergreens, with mixed results. I also decided to hold back on adding too many branches to the tree on the right. Adding just a tiny bit of thinner to the liquid black created the perfect consistency of paint that just flowed so smoothly. This was done on an 18x24 canvas that I primed once myself with good quality gesso.