This is my 25th painting, so quarter of the way to the 100 mark. I finally got to test my theory that my not being able to make the snow break on mountains was because of my WN brand titanium white paint that was too creamy and not dry/firm enough. I finally got my large tube of Ross brand titanium white and put it to the test. In the end, it's definitely me, not the paint! I still had a lot of difficulty making the paint break again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If you look at my other mountains I painted previously, I have the same problem. I swear I'm not using too much pressure. I did just watch a Youtube video tutorial and, next time, I'll try getting a larger roll of paint at the tip of the knife, letting the paint 'latch onto' the canvas, then pulling downwards. If anyone has advice, I'm all ears (well, eyes in this case).
Once again, I double primed my canvas myself and made my own liquid white and added a good amount to the canvas, as I've been doing for the past few painting attempts. I find this really helps me with blending skies.
I almost didn't break the oval. That was the ultimate bravery test. I also tried painting quicker and was able to finish this one in less than 2 hours.