More challenge than I expected tonight! I’ve always struggled with “laying the land” with a fan brush and tonight was no exception.
I liked my colors, but this all came out a bit “flat” tonight, the background trees and bushes maybe got just a bit too much “pop,” so the foreground ones didn’t stand out as well.
I ran out of space in my pretty (though not as pretty as I hoped) sky with all the leaves and branches! I was concerned about using too much paint on the under layer of the sky and it came out a bit more subdued than I hoped.
Hated the 5 second “little sticks” in the foreground, but kept goofing off and kinda taught myself how to paint an old downed hedge tree as are commonly seen here in Kansas. Then there was a blank area on the other side so I decided to paint another one! Why not I guess…and I kinda do like my water too!
Feel like the lower left foreground needed just a bit more but couldn’t come up with anything.
Overall a fun one that wasn’t as good as I hoped but great practice on the fan, round, and script liner brushes.